Roller Shade Basic Components
1. END CAPS Decorative accessories that conceal the brackets (for outside mount).
2. BRACKET The mounting point for the shade, either to the wall or ceiling, which supports the clutch.
3. CLUTCH Mechanism that operates the rotation of the roller shade tube, subsequently raising and lowering the shade.
4. SHADE TUBE The tube which the roller shade is attached to.
5. FASCIA Aluminum cover that conceals the shade tube and control.
6. HEM BAR The bottom closure of a shade that contains weight.
7. BEAD CHAIN Used to control the manual roller shade.
8. BALL STOPS A large clip on bead which creates the upper and lower limit for the shade.
9. CHAIN HOLD DOWN A plastic safety device affixed to the wall to keep the cahin secure.
10. SHADE BAND The actual shade fabric itself, referred to as the shade band.